Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Spring Into Bugs

My daughter is in love with caterpillars. It doesn't help that they are crawling all over the back side of our house. Of course, to add fuel to her burning fire of love of these creatures, this week her preschool class is studying insects.

Monday night I let her catch four of them to take into class to show everyone. Last night I looked at the jar and one was already starting to make a cocoon. It was, I must admit, very entertaining and educational. Anyway, we took them into class and the teacher was very excited because that was what they were going to talk about today. (Perfect luck!)

After class, we brought them back home in the car. We had to stop and get lunch and then when we got home we brought them back in the house. I looked this afternoon and to my shock and disgust, there are only two in the jar! The plastic wrap (that was 4-ply) had a slightly larger hole than I remember poking in it.... Much larger... Like the size of a 5 year old's finger.....

Now herein lies the dilemma.... Where might these two caterpillars be? In the classroom? In my car?!?!?!?! IN MY KITCHEN?!?!?!??!?!?!??! I don't know what to do first, move or buy a new car?

2 comments:

MonkeyGirl said...

You're a wimp. I love callapitters.

Send her to me and I'll teach her how cool frogs and snakes are. Then I'll send her home with a new pet or two for your house.....

Sarah said...

EWE!!! I'm with you!! MOVE!!!