Monday, May 19, 2008

New Fangled Meme

I love this one. Monkey Girl came up with a meme that I can participate in giving my current state of funk-ed-ness.

Six Things That Are Causing My Burnout
(Up until a week or so ago, I wasn't too burned out. Just my normal amount of burnout. I guess here are the reasons....)

1. Husband being gone on a business trip for 2 weeks and I have full parental responsibilities 24/7. Not used to it. Getting through it. Still don't like it completely...

2. Children that don't say 'please' and 'thank you'. I know that as a stay at home parent, it's my job to do things for my children and basically wait on them hand and foot (until they get bigger and we can play role reversal periodically...), but if you know how to speak the words 'please' and 'thank you', you better start using them or I extend the right to ignore you.

3. Dirty dishes. Don't like 'em. Never have. Never will.

4. Allergies. Can't breathe. Pretty sure I have a sinus infection too, but I'm too tired to go to the doctor and don't want to take all three kids in there with me...

5. Lack of sleep. Don't sleep well when hubby's not home. I would rather stay up watch nothing on tv than sleep and be well rested for the next day's fun.

6. Bad drivers. I have to drive around alot for different kid-centered activities. People who pull out in front of you and cross in front of you to get into the other lane and totally cut you off just because they don't want to wait another two seconds and go once you pass. Also, if you are going to pull out in front of me, make sure you know what the speed limit is and that your piece of junk car can get up to speed without making me have to slam on my brakes. Just because I have them, doesn't mean I want to jam my foot down on them every two seconds... Have some respect, eh?


Monkey Girl's was definitely more poignant than mine, but I felt the need to vent and didn't want to come up with anything else to post today. Sorry. This is as good as it gets for today. :)

6 comments:

friend of a friend said...

A word of advice,
While in certain company, the red-headed references can be undeniably funny,
I know who you are J.L. and it is very LIKELY that some of your esteemed readers herald from red-headed roots, i.e. fathers, sons, mother-in-laws even. Consider your audience carefully...)
And props for the witty writing.

MonkeyGirl said...

"some of your esteemed readers herald from red-headed roots"

You have esteemed readers? My readers aren't esteemed. They're just regular.

"Consider your audience carefully..."

Oh, wait, is that what you have to do when you have esteemed readers? Then I'm glad that I just have regular readers. You know, since it's my blog, and I don't really give a crap what my readers think. Unless they agree with me, of course. ;-)

friend of a friend said...

Interesting.

And pretty much how I would have expected you to react.

I'm just saying.

Maybe you didn't get the LIKELY reference.

And my friends are esteemed readers. I LIKE my friends...

Carry on with your not giving a crap ;) You're right, it is your blog.

Likely said...

It is highly UNlikely that I would take any offense.

Who is this "friend of a friend" who is looking out for me though??

Jessica L said...

Yeah, I'm really clueless to all the vague references. I assumed it was you Likely...

Thanks for the advice "friend of a friend" and you are right, even though I'm not the one that said it in the first place, I don't give too much of a crap. I just try to be nice (because I am a nice person) and then I don't have to worry about offending people. :)

MonkeyGirl said...

Um, does this "friend of a friend" not know how to read? There's a big difference between "MonkeyGirl" and "Little Monkey Mama". It's not even the same amount of letters. Though all of those monkey references can be confusing.

"friend of a friend"- just FYI, my comment (you know, the one written by me) is pretty much the exact opposite of how she would react, so the fact that you said that just means you really don't know her at all.

There's a name for people who anonymously pick fights with people on their blogs. It's called troll.

Looks like you owe a couple of somebodies an apology. And maybe you should not be so concerned about what other people might possibly take offense at when it's none of your business and completely innocent to begin with.